Pages Tabs

Monday, February 28, 2011

Another day, another goal...

So today I started a new chapter within myself by joining Weight Watchers. I'm so nervous. I have issues when it comes to physically pushing myself, but I am pretty set mentally to achieve the end results. I started thinking way back when that I needed to tone and get my eating habits back on track since my pregnancy was a fried food free for all... hehe... I couldn't resist myself from salted radishes and cheese enchiladas! :) Anywho... I highly recommend the WW Online, from what I've seen and interacted with so far. I like the set up, but it takes some time to read it over and really understand the site and how the system works. I have chosen to track my food down to the core so I can get a good idea of just how effective it can be. No guessing points for me. I'm a calculatin' little maniac over here! I do believe the deal si still going on until the 2nd (of March) that you can get 3 months (normally worth $18/mo + $20 start up fee) for $53 total. No start up fees. Yay!




So this weekend, we painted ALOT. I think selecting it took up most of our time, but I do believe it was well worth all the discussion! We did get a chance to hit the park grounds for a nice picnic on Saturday for an hour or so. It's so weird to see the twinkies walking around in the grassy area! I love it, though! It's so fun to see them growing together.




As for my step son... (isn't he ADORABLE?) He has been struggling this year in school, behavior wise, and he did an awesome job these past couple of weeks in school and got to go on his field trip to the aquarium with his class and his mom joined in too! It's nice to see him accomplish a goal that he truly wanted to achieve! He's a sweet boy, but his life is complicated and he's having a hard time adjusting and maybe even accepting it. I hope one day he truly grasps how much I care and want what's best for him.


I am still dreaming up some idears for the "Sharing My Blessings" and I do believe I'm going to start with the local NICUs. Reason is that I know first hand the feeling of having your babies in there. The feeling of having no control over your child. Wondering if they will get better. The BILLS! It's a giant mental, physical, and emotional strain for everyone and I feel lucky to have been able to take my twinks home within 10 days. So this is where my impact will start. I made signs for all the babies in the unit when we were in there and the moms loved it and that day, spirits were a bit higher. If I can bring that to ONE family, I'll be satisfied. I'll get the details smoothed out and get back to ya!


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment